Wednesday 11 August 2010

Games


Having thought a lot about the stair models, I've decided not to use them, but I keep on thinking that they look like some sort of game... and really remind me of a game I used to play at my great uncle's house...


There was this really old wardrobe in the downstairs twin bedroom which all of the games were kept in. It smelt funny. There were boardgames, dominoes, pick-up sticks, all sorts... and there was this plastic game that had a ball bearing inside it that you had to get from the top step to the bottom, and you couldn't drop it off the edge.


Visually this game was odd, it was steps and a ball... A to B... again and again. It was addictive.


Nobody spends time on stairs unless they have to, but somebody will play a game like this for hours on end.


Maybe I've got a suppressed issue about the naughty step!


But on a serious note, what is it about stairs? Is it the change of state, transcendence, ascending/descending. What do people think about when they walk in a stair, or stand in a stair?
Do they look at the space? Do they only think about the destination?


No comments:

Post a Comment