Sunday 15 August 2010

Copy Shop Install!!


Have finally got into the second 'Just to Say' venue to install...

Thankfully the girls were there to help me support and position the model before attaching it to the wall.


We had a good few hours collectively hanging and discussing the space. We are all excited about the prospect of exhibiting out with the college and during the festival. There is lots going on in the Cowgate!


With regards to 'Green Room', I was glad to be in the actual space I was recreating, as I noticed a few things that the photographs didn't show up, or distorted.


I put the finishing touches into the model room, including marks on the wall and the scrap boards and wood that were being stored in the space.


The final thing I did was to hang the blinds, but I've found it really difficult to find a material to replicated them on this scale. I ended up using a polypaper but it doesn't translate the weight of the real blinds well at all. Hopefully they will be convincing enough for the time being, but I'll keep my eyes open for a replacement material.


The way the model sits on the other side of the hatch works really well though, and you can stick your head through the gap in the glass panels to enter the room.


A friend of Lindsey's came to help us hang and he asked me through the hatch why I was making a doll's house. When I told him it was a scale model of the room I was in, he walked around to the door, entered the room, and said 'oh weird!', or something like that. So that was a good first response and the one I was going for. Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment