Wednesday 11 August 2010

Exhibition Venues Confirmed!!


On the 29th June, we had an appointment to view an old copyshop in Edinburgh's Cowgate(Thanks to Lindsey). We were keen to have a second venue outside of the college to embrace the August festival time, and also to give us a different perspective on exhibiting to a non college audience.


John Hoffer showed us around, and we were keen to take the space as it was so different from our college space E25, an almost 'white cube'. The copyshop on the other hand was definitely a shop and we thought it would be good to see how we responded to working in such different spaces for the same show. One exhibition - Two venues...


I was really glad that we would have the chance to work in the copyshop as I wanted to work site responsively, and was struggling with the studio space in the college as I didn't feel anything in particular towards the space... I hadn't realised how important this was to my work. Would I struggle if someone asked me to make work for a site I didn't know or feel anything towards?

No comments:

Post a Comment